No products in the cart.
Last month, I was honored and humbled to be featured in Garden & Gun’s Made in the South Awards.
Naturally, this was exciting.
But it was also an opportunity to learn about other amazing designers that I hadn’t been exposed to previously.
This got me thinking of my own favorite local designers and how it would be interesting to dig in and learn even more about them, and then create a post to share that with you.
So whether you’re an interior decorator, commercial designer, or self-proclaimed future star of HGTV – here are 5 New Orleans Designers that should be on your radar:
- Julie Neill – When you think of elegance, you think of Julie Neill. Julie believes that “a single piece of exquisite lighting can transform a room,” and it shows through her work in custom, hand-crafted lighting. She keeps her studio small, so she can spend adequate time and focus on the specific needs of each client. Check out her exquisite work here.
- Shaun Smith – Shaun Smith Home is your design destination for all things rare and vintage. His Magazine Street firm will give you inspiration, ideas and a plethora of shopping. As his website states, Shaun is known for his “collected and clean” designs. See how Shaun can transform any room in your house here.
- Discover your inner child with the help of Ashton Shaw Despot. This well-known New Orleans painter brings abstract landscapes to life on every canvas she touches. Her abstract swamps and her flawless use of color complements the rustic, natural pieces from Doorman Designs. View her paintings here.
- From rugs to art to lighting to pillows, Katie Koch Home has it all. This New Orleans native got her start in the drapery and upholstery business, and eventually blossomed into a premier designer with a showroom like no other. Learn more about Katie Koch here.
- There’s something to be said about solid, traditional design work, and that’s exactly what you get when you go with Graci Interiors. Chad Graci brings the best design principles and creativity under one roof. With Graci Interiors, it’s all about you and your desires. See what Graci Interiors has to offer here.
Who’s your favorite local designer? Is there someone whose work you think will complement mine? Leave a comment below – I’d love to hear from you!